If you didn’t already know, poached eggs and I, we just kind of go together. I think they’re the most versatile, healthy, delicious snack, and they’re (usually) pretty easy to make. To be honest, this week I messed up a couple of poached eggs (and it always happens in front of some one you’re keen to impress, doesn’t it?), so to be fair, I don’t blame anyone for using one of those poached egg pans, it certainly makes things much easier.
I’d call this the Best Served Hott (yes, with two T’s)
(makes 2 serving)
- 2 Large eggs
- A handful of rocket
- 2Sslices of whole wheat bread
- Black pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- To begin, pop your bread into a toaster and crisp it up.
- In the mean time, cook your poached eggs.
- While they’re in the water, wash your rocket (I picked mine from my garden, so it was really important to wash it) and break it into smaller pieces.
- Grate some Parmesan cheese – this will go on top of your eggs.
- Place your rocket leaves on your freshly made toast.
- Take each egg out and place it on top of the leaves.
- Crumble your grated Parmesan on the very top.
- Grind a bit of black pepper over your dish, and serve it with the Tabasco sauce on the side.
I hope that you enjoyed reading my three part, poached egg obsession series as much as I enjoyed shooting and writing about it. If you missed the two previous Perfectly Poached posts, you can find them by clicking below: