Have a try at this recipe and let us know what you think. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Water
- 125g Butter
- ½ cup Oil
- ¼ cup Cocoa
- 2 cup Sugar
- 2 cup Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Bicarb
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Melt and blend the water, butter, oil and cocoa in the microwave.
- Add the sugar, flour and salt. Whisk together.
- Add the bicarb, vanilla essence and eggs.
- Beat with an electric beater for about three minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a greased Swiss roll pan and cook for 20-30 minutes at 180°C.
To make the icing melt 62.5 g butter, 2 tablespoons cocoa and 2 ½ tablespoons milk in the microwave, then add 2 ½ cups icing sugar. More milk may be needed if icing is not liquid enough. Cut the cake when cool, after spreading icing when hot.