I love bruschetta. They’re easy to make, but look like you’ve really put a lot of work in. I decided to whip these up for lunch on Monday, and what a treat they were!
- 1 French loaf
- Cherry tomatoes
- Goats cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Crispy shards of onion
- Black pepper and balsamic reduction to garnish
- Cut the french loaf into slices just over 1cm thick.
- Pop the slices into the toaster or oven, set on a low, slow heat.
- Slice up the cherry tomatoes. Place them in a bowl, along with goats cheese, crumbling into smaller balls.
- Tear the basil as this increases the flavour. Add to the tomato and cheese, and mix.
- Remove french loaf from the toaster or oven, then spoon some of the mixture onto each bruschetta.
- To garnish, place the crispy onions on top of each, and add a grind of black pepper.
- As you’re about to serve, squeeze a little balsamic reduction over each bruschetta. I love the ab reductions – they’re all delicious and can be found at most supermarkets in South Africa.